Big crash this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevevw

Guru
When I left home this morning it just started to rain and while walking to the garage I thought I may use the wet weather Marin and take it easy. But when I got the door open and saw the Bianchi sparkling at me it just had to be Trixie the fixie for the commute. Decided I had to go for it to hopefully beat the rain. After about 4 miles I reached a slight incline that I like to use for a bit of flat out stand up sprint training all was going well, feeling good and must of been at the crest probably doing 30mph when my right foot pulled out of the SPD and I went flying over the bars with the bike following me. Took a while to gather my thoughts and catch my breath but I am not too bad. Shoulder was and still is very painfull, hip is very bruised and I am developing a right shinner. More to the point the bike will be Ok, front wheel a bit buckled, my nice new roubaix bar tape ripped and the seat has a bit of gravel rash. I was so lucky if my left foot had come out I would have ended up laying in the road in front of the oncoming traffic, does not bear thinking about what could have happened.
Must tighten those clips up before I go home tonight B)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Youch!
Hope you mend soon, mate...

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
It's the when I get home bit I am most worried about, probably get told that I am far to old to be this stupid. :biggrin:

Radius

SHREDDER
Yikes, I had the unclipping problem a few times accelerating away from the lights and took the decision to tighten them up, glad I did now...
Hope you recover soon!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
OUCH ....take care

yenrod

stevevw said:
When I left home this morning it just started to rain and while walking to the garage I thought I may use the wet weather Marin and take it easy. But when I got the door open and saw the Bianchi sparkling at me it just had to be Trixie the fixie for the commute. Decided I had to go for it to hopefully beat the rain. After about 4 miles I reached a slight incline that I like to use for a bit of flat out stand up sprint training all was going well, feeling good and must of been at the crest probably doing 30mph when my right foot pulled out of the SPD and I went flying over the bars with the bike following me. Took a while to gather my thoughts and catch my breath but I am not too bad. Shoulder was and still is very painfull, hip is very bruised and I am developing a right shinner. More to the point the bike will be Ok, front wheel a bit buckled, my nice new roubaix bar tape ripped and the seat has a bit of gravel rash. I was so lucky if my left foot had come out I would have ended up laying in the road in front of the oncoming traffic, does not bear thinking about what could have happened.
Must tighten those clips up before I go home tonight :blush:

Moral of the story:

DONT USE A FIXED WHEEL BIKE

With respects mate !

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
yenrod said:
Moral of the story:

DONT USE A FIXED WHEEL BIKE

With respects mate !

To be fair I think if I had been riding that hard, both pushing and pulling on my Ribble and come out of the SPD-SL's I would of had a Sky, Ground, Sky, Ground moment too

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Don't worry - we've all been there.
If you cycle in tomorrow, you'll gain massive bragging rights at work and on the next club run. And that's what's important!!! :blush:

redjedi

Über Member
Sorry to hear that Steve

Glad to hear there's no serious damage to either of you.

What Bianchi is it? Is it the Pista?

stevevw said:
It's the when I get home bit I am most worried about, probably get told that I am far to old to be this stupid. :biggrin:

Surely you can never be too old to be that stupid :rolleyes:

Top Bottom