Big Decisions

Where do I go?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
That's the one:-:thumbsup:

Go where the cycling is the best :bicycle:

soulful dog

Veteran
Depends what you want out of life doesn't it? Is earning money the most important thing to you, or if broadening your horizons and experiencing different things ticks your boxes, then take the risk and go for Kampala (especially if you have the qualifications/experience/skills to come back to the UK in a few years and get another job if things don't work out). Though if family is your number one concern, maybe working with your Dad won't be so bad, and Prishtina would be a great experience too. But if you secretly crave stability, stick with what you know and go for London - that's probably the choice I'd make but I'm a boring bugger!

Oh, though I voted Prishtina 'cos it sounds the nicest......  :whistle:

gavintc

Guru
I spent 2 months in Kampala and Entebbe. Admittedly is about 12 years ago, but there was a significant element of risk and I felt it was uncomfortable at times. To have an AK rammed into your face at an illegal check point when I was driving to the airport late one evening was a worrying moment. Talking to ex-pats, many of them had lost their cars to hi-jack. Maybe it has improved, but it left me cautious about living in the region.

OP
OP
Z

zimzum42

Legendary Member
It was OK while I was there in January, but these places, things can turn on a sixpence!

PaulB

Legendary Member
This is a rhetorical question, surely? Who in their right mind would choose* to live in London? It's got to be Prishtina, hasn't it?

* You'd have to be sentenced for some henious crime to be forced to live there. Well, I would anyway.

OP
OP
Z

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I would love to be able to spend 4 months in each!!!! Summer here, UK winter in Uganda, and a bit of Balkan spring!

Top Bottom