Big footed SPD Touring/ MTB shoe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Looking to get some Touring/ MTB style shoes with SPDs on to use mainly for commuting (so will need to competently walk around off the bike too).
My only problem is I take a UK 14 in normal shoes (EU 50) so can't find any on any of the usual sites- anyone bought any or seen any around?
Only looking to spend £50-£60 max before anyone suggests bespoke!

vickster

Legendary Member
Cycle surgery have some big MTb shoes in their sale. Might be worth finding out which makes even go that big And then googling or looking on eBay

vickster

Legendary Member
OP
OP
helston90

helston90

Thanks for your help- good point about finding a brand who does them and then shopping around to find a pair,

I've come across some Shimano M087 SPDs in a Size 15.25 (52 Euro) which I think I will go with based on the advice to go up a few sizes on Shimanos?

vickster

Legendary Member
I think going up one size is normally enough but if you buy online, not difficult to return

Buzzinonbikes

Not sure what size they go up to but I just got some Mavic Rush's in 12.5. They are very roomy considering I am normally a 13 in trainers. They also do a Rush 'Maxi' which I think is French for 'fat feet' .

OP
OP
helston90

helston90

The Mavic Rush Maxi's only go to a 13, I have now bought the above mentioned Shimano M087 in a EU 51 (14 and a half) from Wiggle for £60 (all but 1p) including delivery so fingers crossed they fit!

Top Bottom