Big G – Grimpeurs des Wolds Cyclosportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Bump....

I am there on the Friday for the town centre race, I'm doing the 100 mile sportive on the Saturday, and marshalling the East Yorks Classic on the Sunday. Top weekend coming up!!!!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Hope it's a good weekend for all. Was hoping to make it tonight, but too tired after my early start this morning & working all this weekend :ohmy:

OP
OP
craigwend

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
it was a very good race and hayles nearly took it at the line

August 1, 2008; Beverley (East Yorkshire)

A British Cycling Championship Event

Promoted by the Hull Thursday Road Club, top class cycle racing returned to the picturesque town of Beverley with the running of the British Cycling National Circuit Race Championships on Friday evening. In front of a large crowd, the race was all action from the word go and the winner after around 80 minutes of racing was Dean Downing (Rapha Condor) who beat Rob Hayles and Tony Gibb in a nail biting finish to win the big trophy of the night and add his name to the role of honour that includes the likes Mark Cavendish and his own name several years ago.

Results

British Circuit Race Championship

1. Dean Downing, Rapha Condor/Recycling.co.uk
2. Rob Hayles, Halfords Bikehut
3. Tony Gibb, Plowman Craven
4. Peter Williams, Pinarello
5. Ian Wilkinson, Science in Sport
6. Simon Gaywood, Plowman Craven
7. Malcolm Elliott, Pinarello
8. Graham Briggs, Rapha Condor/Recycling.co.uk
9. George Atkins, Pearl Izumi/Planetx
10. Stephan Adams, Pearl Izumi/Planetx

11. James Stewart, KFS Special Vehicles
12. Simon Holt, Rapha Condor
13. Tom Murray, Pinarello,
14. Daniel Diguid, Sigma Sport
15. Gary Adamson, FP Mailing
16. Daniel Patten, PCA Ciclos Uno
17. Richard Hepworth, Wakefield CC
18. Rhys Lloyd, Rapha Condor
19. Mike Harrison, Sigma Sport
20. Kristian House, Rapha Condor
21. Matt Kipling, Pinarello RT
22. Daniel Smith, Team Lacuna
23. Neil Coleman, KFS Special Vehicles
24. James Sampson, Kinesis UK
25. Alistair Kay, York Cycle Works

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Brilliant racing, you would not believe how fast they go, and how close they come to the barriers as they go round!! Just got up and am carb loading before the Big G event. Report later.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Well the 100 miler turned into an unmitigated disaster. All went well for first 6 miles, averaging about 19-20mph, going well. Then the innertube popped out of my front tyre and exploded, bit scary, but got the bike stopped and changed it. 5 miles later got a front puncture, fixed it and went too quick trying to make up lost ground. By 15 miles, was almost spent, then went for a finish. Going ok till 50 miles when I ran off the road and crashed, hurting my shoulder, almost called it then, but struggled on for a finish. Now very tired and ready for bed. NB to self. 15 stone unfit people do not climbers make, but I am getting better with every pedal revolution.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Oh, btw, arse and legs are fine, I am just very stiff in the shoulder area following the 15-20mph get off.

OP
OP
craigwend

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Absolute crap luck!!!!

Carefull with the shoulder thing!

It's what i'm suffering with at the moment
(shoulder injury = rotator cuff injury)

if not better by monday get to GP asap

HelenD123

Guru
ComedyPilot said:
you would not believe how fast they go, and how close they come to the barriers as they go round!!

I couldn't believe it either. Gave me a scare a few times!

Really, really enjoyed Friday night. I thought I might get bored watching them go round and round for 70 minutes but it flew past. Such a good atmosphere.

Sorry Saturday wasn't so good CP. You did well to finish.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Cheers Helen, I now know that I was prepared feed/drink wise, was ok saddle wise, I just need more hills in my legs and to lose at least another 2 stone to be more competetive/comfortable, if that makes sense.

Top Bottom