BIG game today for England

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

................Rugby:smile: Playing the Aussies, I think with MJs team selection, we have some sort of a chance for a change. Especially with the Foden/Ashton combo!

Ireland are getting smashed by the Kiwi's at the moment, lets home we don't get the same treatment.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

This isn't even football! You find the need to complain about a thread based on the best team sport in the world? Pft. This tour has received next to no coverage in the press due to the World Cup, so you can't of heard much about it.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Ireland match was nothing short of bizarre! With Irealand down to 13 the Kiwis showed some pretty trick ball handling and ran in a good number of tries, but what abiout the second half? Were none of them awake? Tit for tat try scoring by both. I know the commentators kept pointing out that both sides were carrying a lot of injuries and weren't first string teams, but Ireland kept on scoring nevertheless.

Very disappointing, missed tackles, handling errors on both sides, huge holes in both defences. Hardly one for the archives!

Oh, and why do pundits make so much about John Hayes being off the pitch... he hardly impressed in the 6 nations did he? Why's he not playing today, has his ear finally fallen off?

Cubist

Still wavin'
Oh, and I haven't watched the England/Australia Match yet..... I'm gardening today and will watch this afternoon so don't give the result away!

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

***SPOILER***

Bit of a mixed bag there, the Aussie defense was formidable. I'm proud of the Saints duo, Foden and Ashton made a great break, they should be let free to run more. Our scrum was just awesome, our front row was world class. Look forward to the next match, think England have the potential to beat them. 27-17 is by no means a bad loss, to such a great side.

MichaelM

Guru
darkstar said:
***SPOILER***

Bit of a mixed bag there, the Aussie defense was formidable. I'm proud of the Saints duo, Foden and Ashton made a great break, they should be let free to run more. Our scrum was just awesome, our front row was world class. Look forward to the next match, think England have the potential to beat them. 27-17 is by no means a bad loss, to such a great side.

I've just had a look at the BBC rugby board. There's not many, if any sharing your optimism.

Not looking good for the northern hemisphere teams so far, and Wales play NZ next week.

vernon

darkstar said:
This isn't even football! You find the need to complain about a thread based on the best team sport in the world? Pft. This tour has received next to no coverage in the press due to the World Cup, so you can't of heard much about it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

Well vernon is now added to the ignore list, congratulations, you're the first to make it! It becomes tiresome people clicking onto a thread simply to bore on with pointless crap.

MichaelM, i'm not optimistic, I can just see the potential. The one time our backs got going we managed to create a good chant. Our forwards were dominant. There's no doubt we were beaten quite convincingly by the better side today, but I can certainly see how we can beat them. It's all in the tactics, i/e not kicking it down their throat and allowing them to counter attack every time. Thats where their backs are formidable.

vernon

Unlike you I kept all my communications linked to any thread in the open. To answer your PM and forum response regarding my original response.

Yes I can read.

Yes I know your posting was not about football.

No it didn't alter my opinion of the entertainment value of the event.

I won't lose sleep being ignored by you.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shaun

Founder
Keep it civil guys, please!!! ;)

If you have a difference of opinion, just agree to differ eh. :ohmy:

Cheers,
Shaun

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

I read this thread whilst i was not logged on so read your post vernon, I think my PM was quite civil; "Did you read the post, and legitimately posted that response to a quite appropriate topic. Or did you just presume it would be football and didn't bother reading the post? Or do you just know nothing about sport and wanted to moan? I can see you won't post a reply on the thread in public, maybe you can explain though a PM?
Appreciate it." I never said you can't read, think it's obvious you can!

Fair enough if you don't like Rugby, but why feel the need to comment 'Zzzzzzzzzzzz'? Just seems pointless and petty to me? Hey ho, sorry Shaun, i'll leave it now ;)

Top Bottom