Big Hair and Helmets!?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Helmet gets plonked on and my hair protrudes like an unkempt Spaniel’s ears :laugh: but hey, whatevs!
A buff or hairband is your friend then.. 😊
Also handy for those of us who are balding and suffering the opposite problem...

I was mountain biking in Wales with a friend of mine and we stopped on an exposed hilltop in a forest. It was a baking hot day and I took off my helmet as we sat eating our mid-ride goodies...

"Oooh, er, Col - the sun has burned red stripes on your scalp through the slots in your helmet!"

We nipped down to Dolgellau and I bought myself a Welsh Dragon buff which I have been using off and on for the 17 years since. It not only prevents scalp burn on sunny days, it is also good for stopping sweat getting in the eyes.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Also handy for those of us who are balding and suffering the opposite problem...

I was mountain biking in Wales with a friend of mine and we stopped on an exposed hilltop in a forest. It was a baking hot day and I took off my helmet as we sat eating our mid-ride goodies...

"Oooh, er, Col - the sun has burned red stripes on your scalp through the slots in your helmet!"

We nipped down to Dolgellau and I bought myself a Welsh Dragon buff which I have been using off and on for the 17 years since. It not only prevents scalp burn on sunny days, it is also good for stopping sweat getting in the eyes.

View attachment 576177
Ooops

One of my fave tea shops in Dollegau.
Lucky enough to sneak a trip there this Aug just gone..

Yes I rarely leave the house without a buff, year round.

In fact only feel half dressed without one.

Often two.. So useful, for so many things, hair restraint being just one.. :okay:

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Well you must have very sensitive residents in your neighbourhood Anne :laugh:

You could ride around our neighbood with elephants ears attached to your helmet and barely draw a glance from passersby ^_^
I know that I could cycle round stark naked & most drivers wouldn't notice me unless I was dancing on their bonnet! Blimey that's a scary thought for a Sunday morning :laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom