big nude woman BMX course or what?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
article-0-149F74AE000005DC-264_634x386.jpg

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned (and if it has, apologies to the person who started the thread I haven't found).

What do people think? Is it art? Is it a monumental waste of land? Is it moving? Is it just one man's folly?

There's a sad story in the background - does that speak to you in the way that the Taj Mahal might?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
And does her berm look big in this?

Typhon

I think it's a poor idea badly executed and IIRC it was commissioned by a mining firm so that they could build the largest surface mine in the country nearby.

On the other hand, I believe that there are numerous scenic paths up to it so anything that gets people walking in the countryside is a good thing. Perhaps it will make more people who live in cities realise that we shouldn't concrete over even more of it. Besides, the land is owned by a climate change denying Viscount who used to be on the board of Northen Rock, so he could have done worse things with that land I suppose.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I quite like it. It's up there with the Orbit for me.
you can go off a person..............

Typhon - that's very interesting. Suffice to say that doesn't come across in the arty mags!

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Just imagine, several thousand years from now archeologists will hypothesize that it was a sacred site dedicated to a fertility goddess.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
For those of you who don't know (and accepting the points made by Typhon) Jencks misses his wife, who died of cancer. Some of you will have heard of Maggie's Centres - those are set up in her name. His later years (he's 73) have been a kind of hymn to her. That (and the fact that when we were very, very briefly introduced he struggled valiantly to shake off the impression given by my speaking Sarf Lundun) makes a difference to me - whether it does to anybody else I don't know.

Top Bottom