Big struggle today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy clarke

Hi ladies and gent dropped my car off today so I have to ride to work and back I rode the boardman back as I thought it would be easier than my MTb I think I would have been better on my MTb my lower back was killing me as well as my neck is this normal?!? Even on the flat!!!

vickster

Legendary Member
You probably need to get used to the positioning, assuming the set up is right and the bike is the correct size

How far did you ride, for how long?

OP
OP
Andy clarke

Andy clarke

I've tried looking it up all you get is as long as your leg is straight on the lowest part of the stroke etc

OP
OP
Andy clarke

Andy clarke

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
What do I need to know then????
You need to know that it's not normal, and that the bike may not be set up correctly (if the right size). But, nobody on this forum can really help beyond telling you to book a fitting at an LBS.

I've tried looking it up all you get is as long as your leg is straight on the lowest part of the stroke etc
Slightly bent! If your bike is currently setup this way, I'd suggest dropping the seatpost incrementally.

I did have a heavy back pack on??
That would also contribute.

Anything else you haven't mentioned?

OP
OP
Andy clarke

Andy clarke

You need to know that it's not normal, and that the bike may not be set up correctly (if the right size). But, nobody on this forum can really help beyond telling you to book a fitting at an LBS.

Slightly bent! If your bike is currently setup this way, I'd suggest dropping the seatpost incrementally.

That would also contribute.

Anything else you haven't mentioned?
Legs not dead straight quite bent seem to ride more on the front of the seat

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Important to check your bike is set up right but its fairly usual to experience some lower back and kneck pain when U first start riding a road bike. Just stick with it and build up mileage gradually and before long it will become comfortable and natural feeling.

Some people find it usual to flip the stem upside down initially to raise the bar height a bit then put it back correct way after a few months.

OP
OP
Andy clarke

Andy clarke

Il give it a try !! Thanks image.jpg The stem is this one

Top Bottom