Big Up andThanks...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...to the BIG guy with the red top and a beautiful Litespeed who was riding the Outer ring at Regents Park at 09:35 this morning, Friday.
He 'gassed up' my inner tube - after I had thrown my pump over the hedge...(sorry Camden Council etc..)
"We're all part of the brotherhood man.."
A really nice guy - thanks.
And thanks also to the gent that I flagged down to get a few puffs into the tube before refitting...
Cycling parasite - moi? :biggrin:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
See, people can be nice to each other, lets encourage it.

spen666

Legendary Member
Elmer Fudd said:
See, people can be nice to each other, lets encourage it.

its this sort of behaviour we need to stamp out.

Next you will be expecting motorist to give you space and not overtake you before turning immediately left etc.
:biggrin::blush::biggrin:

spen666 said:
its this sort of behaviour we need to stamp out.

Next you will be expecting motorist to give you space and not overtake you before turning immediately left etc.
:biggrin::blush::blush:

Absolutely! If everyone behaved on the roads then I would have wasted a fair amount of money on my helmet camera!!:biggrin:;)

buggi

Bird Saviour
The day i had my first flat tyre i have to admit to being a bint and had never changed one before (only done the theory) so there i was struggling to even remove my wheel when this bloke pulls up in a car. turns out he was a cyclist and asked me if i needed help (lucky for me 100 yards from his daughter's house who he was visiting). anyway, he did the whole job for me, including nipping to his daughter's house to pump up my tyre because my hand pump was a naff one. bless him. i popped a box of roses chocolates in to his daughters house a couple of days later and then about a month later i was riding down the road he said his house was on and he was in the garden. since then been round for a cuppa a few times with him and his misses. ... and i've learned to change my inner tube.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
buggi said:
The day i had my first flat tyre i have to admit to being a bint and had never changed one before (only done the theory) so there i was struggling to even remove my wheel when this bloke pulls up in a car. turns out he was a cyclist and asked me if i needed help (lucky for me 100 yards from his daughter's house who he was visiting). anyway, he did the whole job for me, including nipping to his daughter's house to pump up my tyre because my hand pump was a naff one. bless him. i popped a box of roses chocolates in to his daughters house a couple of days later and then about a month later i was riding down the road he said his house was on and he was in the garden. since then been round for a cuppa a few times with him and his misses. ... and i've learned to change my inner tube.

and before you know it, it's fruit bowl of car keys time :biggrin: :biggrin:

Top Bottom