Bigger Rotors?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xiorell

Über Member
Going from 180mm > 203mm front
Going from 160mm > 180mm rear

Would this be OK or is it gonna cause issues somehow?

Fork - Rockshox Tora 318
Wheels - 26in Ritchey OCR
Intended brakes - Avid elixir R SL

byegad

Legendary Member
Why? I use Avid BB7s with 160mm rotors on two of my trikes and they have enough stopping power to pull 300lbs of trike, rider and luggage from 50mph with no heat/fade/locking issues.

OP
OP
X

Xiorell

Über Member
Why? I use Avid BB7s with 160mm rotors on two of my trikes and they have enough stopping power to pull 300lbs of trike, rider and luggage from 50mph with no heat/fade/locking issues.

Well, the bike currently has mismatched levers, I get obsessive about that kind of thing, the avids are available at a price I'm willing to pay and I'd rather avid over tektro... Wish there was a more technical impressive answer but that's the long and short of it lol

lukesdad

You ll need to check if you need post mount or IS mount , also that the larger discs clear the fork and frame.

lukesdad

To be fair its not what you stop but how often you have to stop it that reults in brake fade. Compairing road trikes to mtbsis a little misleading.

OP
OP
X

Xiorell

Über Member
you ll need the relevent adaptors, thats quite a lot of stopping power.

Hey man
This is partly why I'm looking at this option, what's on offer is a full set - levers/hoses/pads/rotors/adapters, nothing to do with bigger and flashier, I'm gonna replace the odd lever anyway so... Ya know :-)

It's an older carrera fury, 2007 I think, not the most amazing thing out there but not to bad for 100quid lol

Top Bottom