bike accessories

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Helmet, one that fits your head and is comfortable, you need to try on. Budget probably £30 upwards

Lock, Sold secure Gold D lock plus a cable for front wheel (or another sort of lock). Budget £50+

Lights, Cateye or Moon for me. You need front and rear. Mine were probably around £50
Will depend on where you are riding. Mine are more to be seen than to light the road as most of my rides have decent street lighting.
The countryside has different requirements. You’ll need to budget for better lights

OP
OP
A

AresTo

Regular
Helmet, one that fits your head and is comfortable, you need to try on. Budget probably £30 upwards

Lock, Sold secure Gold D lock plus a cable for front wheel (or another sort of lock). Budget £50+

Lights, Cateye or Moon for me. You need front and rear. Mine were probably around £50
Will depend on where you are riding. Mine are more to be seen than to light the road as most of my rides have decent street lighting.
The countryside has different requirements. You’ll need to budget for better lights

so for helmet at least 30pounds?do you have any recommend?

Lock
I like the Kryptonite Evolution LS. It's a bit bulky to carry around mind so I'm buying the none LS one shortly.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
so for helmet at least 30pounds?do you have any recommend?

Planet X have a good range. The sizes are medium and large and the measurement is accurate - i.e. measure your head. That said, it depends upon head shape. The Carnac and PX helmets are often on offer for £15 and are perfectly good - and I'm comparing this to a £150 Bell road helmet - it's just a bit nicer finished. I've got three PX helmets and a Bell. They do the job of protecting you from branches and road rash (and sun burn if you put a cap under ) :blush:

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AresTo

Regular
Planet X have a good range. The sizes are medium and large and the measurement is accurate - i.e. measure your head. That said, it depends upon head shape. The Carnac and PX helmets are often on offer for £15 and are perfectly good - and I'm comparing this to a £150 Bell road helmet - it's just a bit nicer finished. I've got three PX helmets and a Bell. They do the job of protecting you from branches and road rash.

for planet x which version are you using ? do you mean all of planet X seems fine ?

Top Bottom