Bike Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aamjray

Hey Guys, I am Abdul,
I am new to touring, I actually have to begin my tour. I reside in Turkey so I ll try within the country to see if I am able to do a Europe Tour as that is what I actually want to do.
Problem is I am a student so budget is a problem and Turkey doesnt have good used stores so I could upgrade the used bike, atleast that is all I know, therefore I am stuck. I have been searching online for used bikes and found a couple, I know I ll have to change stuff such as tyres, pedals, and saddle and introduce some new stuff such as bar ends as I am looking for a MTB-Tour bike conversion. Please help me out I have posted two links of two bikes. Any advice is appreciated, specially with any technical stuff as I am dumb in this. Thank you so much!

https://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/alisveris-spor-bisiklet-26-jant-mtb-ragazzi-281327474/detay

https://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/ali...atilik-castello-dag-bisikleti-291909452/detay

OP
OP
Aamjray

Aamjray

Castello.JPG
MTB RAGAZZA.JPG

OP
OP
Aamjray

Aamjray

As i know opening unknown links can be dangerous, I have uploaded screenshots of the page so you can see the bike clearly, Please help me out so I do not waste the little money I have :biggrin:

Hello Abdul! welcome to CycleChat. It's always difficult to advise people, especially long distance. Of the two bikes I'd prefer the older model, the MTB Ragazzi. The first bike has full suspension, which is probably going to be heavy, expensive to replace if its worn or damaged, and may not really be very useful for a touring bike.

The Ragazzi is pretty old but it depends how well it has been maintained; it would hopefully be easier to find replacement parts for it if necessary.

The most important thing is to make sure the frame size is right for you whichever bike you choose.

OP
OP
Aamjray

Aamjray

Thank you so much, even I liked the ragazzi as well. Yes I have to check the frame size, I am 5'11 but I have to check my in seam to see if it will fit me. Thanks Again!

:eek:

Keep us informed about your:bicycle:tour?

OP
OP
Aamjray

Aamjray

I shall! As of now I need time to gather the equipment and I am thinking of training a bit before touring, what do you say? I have never toured long distances before so yeah ^_^

Top Bottom