Bike bag in Barcelona

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
A long shot but you never know..............

I messed up last week and had to leave my bike in Barcelona. Badalona actually, a 10 minute, 1.40 euro metro ride from Barcelona. It's in pals workshop in a bike bag, the bike bag is what I'd like back. I want to fly out in a few months and cycle back, not fly.

So......if anybody was planning on doing a one-way trip, you can cycle to Barcelona and use my bag to return. £27.50 with Jet2.

Fiona N

Veteran
If it's not a silly question, why don't you just post the bag back to yourself?

I often ride to places I have to be for work - then I need stuff like business clothes which I don't really want to ride with across Germany or wherever, so I just post a parcel to colleagues/hotel or similar. Same thing on the way home.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
If it's not a silly question, why don't you just post the bag back to yourself?

Not silly at all Fiona, it's a big bike bag, it is very well padded so it can't really be folded and it weighs 8-9kg. I think it'll cost a lot to get it sent back by courier.

Yellow7

Über Member
You could try Fedex, I rode across Route 66 in 2008 and sent my bag from Chicago to LA, was about $25, use the slowest (cheapest) option as it would still beat me!!
I just folded the bag in half (top to bottom as can't fold length due tyo padding) then a couple of gaffer taps 'bands' around it, no need to box it.

Hope this helps, Mark. :smile:
__o
_`\<,_
(*)/ (*)
================== Wallis on Wheels Big Bicycle Adventure
www.wallisonwheels.com

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
You could try Fedex, I rode across Route 66 in 2008 and sent my bag from Chicago to LA, was about $25, use the slowest (cheapest) option as it would still beat me!!
I just folded the bag in half (top to bottom as can't fold length due tyo padding) then a couple of gaffer taps 'bands' around it, no need to box it.

Hope this helps, Mark. :smile:

Thanks I'll give them a try. :smile:

I can't help Mark but could you leave a bag in Bari next summer please! :biggrin:

Barcelona to Bari sounds fantastic, sun, sun, sun. Always wanted to go to Bari and into the heel, Brindisi, sorry Rich I won't get 2 long passes out next year. Got me thinking tho'. :biggrin:

Top Bottom