Bike Carrier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A Cyclist

Über Member
Folks,
Guess there might be a sticky somewhere, but I coudn't find it.
I am planning on spending a week in Lake district and driving from London. Will need a bike
carrier to carry, say 2 or 3 bikes. I am not sure of model or type of it as google returns
more than several results to go through. Also, if hiring as an option, is there anywhere near north
London that I can hire? Btw, my drive is a Nissan Almera 5door hatch.

Thanks for any input.

I've got a Thule 9103, 3 bike rear mounted carrier if your interested. It's at work TBH, it's brand new but I can't remember the price right now. I'll check tomorrow and let you know if you want.

It's like THIS one :thumbsup:

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have a Witter cycle carrier to fit on a bracket bolted to my tow bar.

I chose it as the attachment point makes it a generally useful bit of kit. I have a third roof rack bar that fits on the top for steadying long bits of timber mouldings.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I have a Witter cycle carrier to fit on a bracket bolted to my tow bar.

I chose it as the attachment point makes it a generally useful bit of kit. I have a third roof rack bar that fits on the top for steadying long bits of timber mouldings.
+1 and 2 thule roof mounted carriers - we can take a full cars worth of bikes with us:rolleyes:

subaqua

What’s the point
have the halfords rear hatch mounted one for the skoda. it has the glass hatch attachments too. if you wanted to have use of it for your trip and then return it you are welcome.

OP
OP
A Cyclist

A Cyclist

Über Member
Thanks everyone for the suggestions, getting some ideas, will visit my nearest evans or halfords this weekend.

@Subaqua: That's very kind of you mate, I am inclining to buy one thinking to use often, don't know if I really will. - Thank you.

@smokeysmoo: I will come back to you on it, could you leave a PM with any price in mind?

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
I got one of these a couple of weeks ago, and did about 700 happy miles to Wales and back with it strapped onto my Fiat 500, with 2 bikes snuggly attached.

Mont-Blanc-Snowdon-3-cycle-carrier.jpg

All for £35 at Argos (with it's useless picture) not from Evans at £82!!

@smokeysmoo: I will come back to you on it, could you leave a PM with any price in mind?
Will do. The beauty of it is t's easy to fit and doesn't have loads of straps flailing around when it's fitted :thumbsup:

Top Bottom