Bike chester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Says 2300ft on the web site for 55 miles. Looks like 2 or 3 climbs. Not particularly hilly.

Harthill is long and horrid, rest are short, Cotebrook-Utkinton is appalling road surfaces and currently full of mud (or worse) from wash off. Watch the gravel everywhere.

I happened upon it last year and followed some of the route to see where they were going. They did up Rough Low to Kelsall and before that Belmont hill in Frodsham which is ridiculously hard and had no place on a fun ride tbh. I think it was on all the routes.

I've entered the 83 miller this year and there's only two climbs according to my Garmin. Much easier than last year's route.

GuyBoden

Guru
I happened upon it last year and followed some of the route to see where they were going. They did up Rough Low to Kelsall and before that Belmont hill in Frodsham which is ridiculously hard and had no place on a fun ride tbh. I think it was on all the routes.

I've entered the 83 miller this year and there's only two climbs according to my Garmin. Much easier than last year's route.

Yes, I don't think them two nice climbs are on the latest 2023 routes:

See here:
https://www.bikechester.co.uk/

Yes, I don't think them two nice climbs are on the latest 2023 routes:

See here:
https://www.bikechester.co.uk/

I just can't believe anyone would ride Belmont and think oh great hill. Let's use this !

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just can't believe anyone would ride Belmont and think oh great hill. Let's use this !
Don't EVER come over here for the Season of Mists audax then!!! :laugh:

Season of Mists vs Bellemonte Rd.png

Bellemonte Rd, top left, to same scale.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
After all that, I am not entering it as my cycling partner is down in Devon for a few days and I don't fancy doing it on my own.
Maybe the Cheshire Cat next March ?

After all that, I am not entering it as my cycling partner is down in Devon for a few days and I don't fancy doing it on my own.
Maybe the Cheshire Cat next March ?

I've done the Cat a few times. The route has been mixed. One year it was first half flat and then all the hills thrown in at the end. Mow Cop and Macc Forest etc. It wasn't fun. And early season too.

Fingers crossed for the weather tomorrow. If it's as bad as today I may stay in bed!

Fantastic day out today. In the end I bit the bullet and went out on the summer bike.
We didn't get much rain but by god the roads were filthy. Several roads were marked as closed - presumably to mud slides and floods - but we got through ok. So many deep puddles and mud and grit everywhere.

Absolutely loved it - proper burn up on the way back to the HQ and the sun had come out by then.

Only thing is my computer tells me I need 70 hours rest now to get over it !

Organisation was good and some fun roads - will definitely look at it again next year.

Top Bottom