Bike Dog Leads?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

So, very unusually for me, I'm in one of those supermarket thingy me bobs, and I spy the above.

Now then, being acutely aware of the probable speed differential, I declined to purchase.

Don't these people realise how quick my hound is?!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Should be banned along with 10m retractable leads, dogs should “walk to heel” if on pavements or around people

Anyone walking a dog using a lead - while riding a bike - seems to me to be asking for trouble
I know some dogs are very well trained and predictable but even very well trained dogs will sometimes do something unpredictable such as stopping - at which point you will loose control - and if someone is near you then you could hit them

To be totally controversial - no not helmets - not even what lube to use:eek:

I am fine with those retractable leads
I just have trouble with dog walkers that use them with no view of oncoming traffic (i.e. walkers, joggers, cyclists) and don;t react properly when they see someone
One person yesterday did the classic - dog on right, person on left
I ring my bell
person stays where he is and tries to reel the confused dog in across the path
If he had just walked across the path himself then we would have been fine
so - not the lead - the numpty on the end that isn't a dog

Anyone walking a dog using a lead - while riding a bike - seems to me to be asking for trouble
I know some dogs are very well trained and predictable but even very well trained dogs will sometimes do something unpredictable such as stopping - at which point you will loose control - and if someone is near you then you could hit them

To be totally controversial - no not helmets - not even what lube to use:eek:

I am fine with those retractable leads
I just have trouble with dog walkers that use them with no view of oncoming traffic (i.e. walkers, joggers, cyclists) and don;t react properly when they see someone
One person yesterday did the classic - dog on right, person on left
I ring my bell
person stays where he is and tries to reel the confused dog in across the path
If he had just walked across the path himself then we would have been fine
so - not the lead - the numpty on the end that isn't a dog
Couldn't agree more.

As both a cyclist and dog owner for many years (decades :blush:) I walk my dog and cycle sans pooch.

As ever, no such thing as a bad dog, only a bad/numpty owner.

Dolorous Edd

When I take my dog for a walk off the lead in the woods, he runs out of enthusiastic curiosity because he is looking for interesting things in the undergrowth, left and right of the path I am walking down. Being forced to run in a straight line next to a bike seems like a grim and joyless alternative.

Top Bottom