bike-eye

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Is anyone using this mirror and if so, what do you think of it?
I like the idea of not having the mirror mounted on the handlebars, personally, I think it looks better of the frame and it is also more discreet.
£14.99 in Halford by the way.

rockyraccoon

Veteran
Have you heard about bar end mirrors? Over a year ago, I created this thread which might be helpful.

Norm

I use a Bike Eye on the three road bikes we've got here, and love them. Some have reported here that they aren't so good if you have a large saddle bag and some panniers or rack bags might get in the way, but I have used them with saddle packs and a Topeak QR rack pack and haven't had a problem.

They beat bar end mirrors, IMO, because they don't increase the width, don't get banged if you rest on a wall or use bike racks, they are unintrusive to the point of being practically invisible. The only downsides that I've found is that they look straight behind you with a fairly narrow field of view, so you have big blind-spots, and your leg can block the view.

As with all mirrors, though, you still need to shoulder check. A mirror won't tell you that you are safe to manoeuvre, just when it is not safe. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
[QUOTE 2193481, member: 45"]I've got one in the shed. I stuck it on the bike and didn't get on with it. I found it too much of a faff to look down, get my head in the right place and focus, when I could just look over my shoulder. I'll send it to you gav if you bung a few quid in a charity box.[/quote]
Thanks for your kind offer but I have it coming as a Xmas present.

jim55

Guru
[QUOTE 2193481, member: 45"]I've got one in the shed. I stuck it on the bike and didn't get on with it. I found it too much of a faff to look down, get my head in the right place and focus, when I could just look over my shoulder. I'll send it to you gav if you bung a few quid in a charity box.[/quote]
quite fancy trying this thing out ,du fancy me donating to your charity of choice ,say a fiver

Top Bottom