bike for a lady

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carlpie

Oh - saw the post title and thought you wanted to trade...

Chris James

Über Member
miloat said:
I agree I like dawes i recently got a giro 300 basic road bike. Pleased as punch only problem is they tend to ship with tektro brakes which can be a bit cack. Mine were supplied broken but were replaced within 3 working days on warranty.
Still when iv'e got the dough im going to get some shimano.

Are they are the same ones as on the Dawes Audax (fitted because they are 57mm reach for mudguard clearance)? In which case I am baffled as Ithe Audax's are Tektro 512AG and are a very nice pair of dual pivots, work well and look good.

In fact they look very much like Shimano R600 (Ultegra 'long' reach) clones and I doubt the Shimano's would brake much, if at all, better.

domtyler

Über Member
Well I have just gone and bought mine one of these:

http://www.cyclesurgery.com/Product...ID/241/v/950b3d8d-1e26-47a4-8f42-baa8d2e6d9a8

She looked at all the ones in the shop and also we went to Evans, I tried to persuade her to go for a proper touring bike with drops but she is just not confident enough so she was more or less sold this by the guy who works there. They didn't have it in on Tuesday when we looked so he got it in and we went back today. I asked if there was anything he could do on price, apparently not as it's already in the sale so I asked for a free helmet and he agreed to that, deal done.

I think it is a nice looking bike with a lot of really good features, like the built in guards, dynamo hub at the front, three hub gears at the rear as well as the dérailleur. Rear rack included and braze ons for a front one. Not too heavy either.

Now the hard part is getting her to ride it after the novelty has worn off! :angry::angry:

Top Bottom