Bike for a new secondary school student

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T

TFP_SA

Best to post a screen shot, not everyone uses Facebook :smile:

bikepic.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@TFP_SA have you asked your son what style of bike he want's ?
He is just getting to an age where what things look like and what brand they are matter to a lot of kids ,i am not saying your lad is like that but has to be worth asking

OP
OP
T

TFP_SA

Thanks all. I was [near enough] blown away by the speed and depth of response I got on this.

I spoke to the bloke in Putney selling the £90 bike, he seemed totally legit [a schoolteacher], I paid up, the bike seemed totally OK but I will get it serviced anyway, there's an inexpensive place near me which seems to have an OK reputation. Looks like a successful quest all round. Fingers crossed now that it doesn't pack up on his first commute...

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks all. I was [near enough] blown away by the speed and depth of response I got on this.

I spoke to the bloke in Putney selling the £90 bike, he seemed totally legit [a schoolteacher], I paid up, the bike seemed totally OK but I will get it serviced anyway, there's an inexpensive place near me which seems to have an OK reputation. Looks like a successful quest all round. Fingers crossed now that it doesn't pack up on his first commute...

It’s a solid pushbike and a mile presumably flat journey, it won’t give up!
(The worst is he fluffs the gears and the chain comes off or he gets a puncture, make sure he knows how to handle these)

Top Bottom