Bike for the Wife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I am only going on what others have insinuated on this page. Maybe us women could swap our husbands for a new bike. I like that idea much better.

Ha is this turning into a wife swapping thread...

I don't want your wife, thank you :tongue:

Back to the original question, I would not buy £300 bike to ride a mile and leave at the station.
  1. Cycling is about 3 times faster than walking, so if she could walk briskly to the station in about 15 minutes, then she could cycle there in 5 minutes. By the time you have got the cycle out of the shed and applied two locks and possibly a cable at the station, removed all the lights etc, it's not much of a time saving, and you've exchanged 30 minutes exercise per day for 10 minutes. But any excuse to get a bicycle, and it will come into it's own on a weekend except ...
  2. ... I'm really under the impression that any bike left regularly at a station will be stolen or vandalised. A colleague was leaving a steel road bike at Cambridge station for a couple of months came back one evening and it was gone. And it was old - he didn't know how old, but it wasn't very new when he got it 20 years ago. A shiny new bike with a basket will disappear more quickly, I'm sure.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Depends how well it rides.

Top Bottom