Bike front lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benguin

Hi all,

Just looking at upgrading my front lights as my commute now includes some unlit road (pretty big hill, as a matter of fact) and I want to be seen and see too. Been looking at several options, and this one came up: Light and Motion Stella 180-L. Has anyone got any idea whether they're good or not? Alternatives? I'd rather not have to mount a battery onto the frame (also looked at the Cateye Single Shot plus) but hey...

Cheers,

ben

alternatives- some sort of dynohub, shimano/schmidt and one of the new busch and muller IQ fly front lights.forget what you knew about dynamo lights this one is very bright. i've used one and was very suprised just how much light it gave out.the new hubs have little drag.
they show them on the website, with comparison photos, but i can't link to it.
http://www.bumm.de/index-e.html click catalogue, headlights ,lumotec iq fly.if you're interested.the iq fly is the 40 lux one.

Iceniner

I run two busch and muller ixon IQ ones, they are 40 lux each and brilliantly bright, they are around £60 each and quick release. If im correct the ayups arent so easy to remove - i remember something about zip ties??

They also run off 4xAA batteries which for me is more convient than a dedicated battery pack. Im very happy with them and would reccommend them. Battery life even on full gives you around 5 hours so i just leave them on full all the time even around the city.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Iceniner said:
If im correct the ayups arent so easy to remove - i remember something about zip ties??

They have a dedicated mount that you attach with cable ties but the lamps themselves are held in with an elastic strap that unclips very easily.

Gandalf

Veteran
BentMikey said:
Fenix P3D is very bright!!

Indeed, I'm highly delighted with mine.

mikeitup

Veteran
Lights

AYUP!!!

They are expensive (most decent lights are these days) but virtually indestructable and bright as F***!!

Mine are ace.

Top Bottom