bike hangers, hooks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

purplemoon

I saw exactly what you're looking for on a site last night somewhere, but can't for the life of me remember which one now I've looked at so many. Sorry, wasn't really much help was I :smile:

GilesM

Legendary Member
I've just fixed supports on my garage wall for my hardtail and full sus, I got the brackets in B&Q, they are simple right angle brackets (two for each bike)and the non wall end bends up at approx 30deg to stop the bike falling off, they are about 1" diameter and stick out about 18" from the wall, so they are good for bikes with wide handle bars. they are foam padded to so they won't damage your bike. The product details are Liberty Utility Hook, they say they will take 50lbs, so should be enough for a full sus. I used anchor bolts to hold them to the wall, not normal screws and raw plugs.

IHTH

Giles

AcademicX

Possibly not exactly what you had in mind but I use Saris Traps to mount my bikes on the garage wall. They are attached to a demountable board which can be taken down and fixed to the base of a van for transporting bikes to sportives etc. They aren't the cheapest things in the world but they are well made and versatile.

pinkkaz

Veteran
Somebody pointed this website out on another thread - I'm particularly drawn to this one!

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebw...8&f_SortOrderID=1&f_bct=c003154c003136c003545

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
AcademicX said:
Possibly not exactly what you had in mind but I use Saris Traps to mount my bikes on the garage wall. They are attached to a demountable board which can be taken down and fixed to the base of a van for transporting bikes to sportives etc. They aren't the cheapest things in the world but they are well made and versatile.

Given your avatar, I thought you may have been tempted to make your own "by placing 4 cardboard toobes - the kind you might find in an ordinary roll of household toilet tissue - equidistantly, thus !" ;):biggrin::biggrin:

Our workshop is adorned with a row of these. They work fine, but the plastic covering quickly splits (easily replaced with tape of some kind) and you need to make sure that they are screwed into brick, not the mortar in between.

Top Bottom