bike insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
[Haven't the foggiest which group to put this in, if a mod thinks it should be elsewhere please move it...]

Had a crash the other day and will be chasing the driver for bike replacement and personal injury through the CTC calims department. Bike was condemned by my LBS today.

But, I've just checked and the bike is covered for accidental damage via my house and contents insurance up to £1000 - company is Hiscox. According to them, i can choose: claim from them and they chase the driver (but i have to pay my £250 excess) or chase the driver myself.

It had not crossed my mind till today that damage would be covered, i knew theft was.

Hmm! How much excess will you have to pay using the CTC? :sad:

ASC1951

Guru
Assuming the driver is entirely to blame:-
- the excess is between you and your insurer
- your insurer may not be concerned to recover your excess from the driver, but you can.

OP
OP
P

PK99

Legendary Member
ASC1951 said:
Assuming the driver is entirely to blame:-
- the excess is between you and your insurer
- your insurer may not be concerned to recover your excess from the driver, but you can.

I've now spoken with the CTC solicitor:

I will claim the bike on my household - settlement in a couple of weeks - paying the excess.

My household insurer will deal with the CTC solicitor to claim from the driver and the CTC solicitor will add the £250 excess to the Personal Injury claim. That process will take 3/4/5 months.

ie i should be mobile again in a few weeks (injuries healing at the same time the bike is available) and I can leave the lawyers and insurers to sort of the rest

Top Bottom