bike jersey's what do they do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trillian

currently trying to justify in my mind buying this http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=16458
(for my girlfriend)
i'm hoping that with a t-shirt under it it will help her keep warm but not too warm but still able to move freely
without the t-shirt or with a thin one keep her cool in summer

basically help keep her at a nice temperature without having to stop and layer up or take layers off once we're underway.

any advice is appreciated (i'm happy to go by trial and error on myself but not so with Millie :angry: )

mondobongo

Über Member
They wick sweat away from your body in a nutshell, a t-shirt will just absorb your sweat holding it all in. A technical jersey will pull the sweat away from your body and dissipate it making you far more comfortable.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The tighter fit is also way better once you get above 12mph.

Rather than a t-shirt underneath in cold weather, a baselayer (again, to move perspiration away from the body) or arm warmers would be a better bet.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
What a fine boyfriend you are!

I'd echo what the others say...if the top 'wicks' don't put anything underneath it. If however Millie's a soft southerner like me and gets cold easily, she can always wear a layer on top, wouldn't be the end of the world.

OP
OP
T

Trillian

i had seen the pink one from aldi, but pink may = death

thinking i'd go look at the pink one and see what it was like before ordering the one from CRC

a few people (girls included) on the mtb forum i'm part of seem to think that particular design is a bad idea due to it being quite girly, not sure what her reaction is gonna be, she seems to be going for flowery things at the moment

anyone know if CRC could be persuaded to exchange it if it's the ''wrong size''?

mondobongo

Über Member
As long as its unused still got tags on CRC will exchange or refund without quibble.

OP
OP
T

Trillian

mondobongo said:
As long as its unused still got tags on CRC will exchange or refund without quibble.

resulted in huge hugs and being cooked for and demands to go biking tomorrow (where i promptly fell off on the first section)

now getting demands that we go biking this week too!

ah well :smile:

Top Bottom