Bike Maintenance Course

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve H

Large Member
I've been considering doing a bike maintenance course so I have a better understanding of how to repair / replace / maintain things on a bike. Has anyone done one of these? Did you learn enough from the course to do most things yourself? I'm considering a weekend course at the following place if anyone has any experience of it?

Dales Mountain Biking

The course is mtb specific, but I'm thinking that the majority of the knowledge will also be transferable for road bikes as well.

lordjenks

that is a lot of money for basic knowlage tbh, nothing there is difficult.
you could either get a friend to teach you or there are thousands of youtube videos, if you plan on doing your own repair the most expensive things are the tools, find a decent stand (£50) and go from there, when replacing a bb; watch the video; work out which tool you need, either hollowtech, isis or square taper, ebay the tools and do the work yourself, if you mess up you can alsways take it to your local shop.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
For a lot less dosh you could get a mobile mechanic to come round and give you a one to one on a total strip and rebuild of a bike.

Top Bottom