Bike needing a good home, urgent!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Thing is, I had always hoped he'd keep it long enough so that I would eventually get it one way or another. He hasn't ridden it in years, but it was HIS and I wasn't allowed near the ruddy thing!

Oh well, I've just made sure that others DO get near it!! :giggle:

Thanks!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Mad Doug Biker send it down to me for a holiday once the coast is clear i could send it back to you ??

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Sorry @biggs682, it was decided it would be considerably easier all round just to send it to the Bike Station. Yes, it is a nice bike and all (a potential tourer?), but it isn't exactly anything really special (AFAIK) and I have 4 bikes myself, so it is to be picked up on Monday (if I don't take it there myself). I'll have to fix it sufficiently to have a few last rides.

Thanks, oh, and @Pat "5mph", I'll be relying on you to tell me what happens to it, and, do you think I could hide a tracking device inside so I can keep tabs on it??:giggle:

My parents are moving, and are downsizing, so are getting rid of a lot of things. It is a shame about the bike, but hopefully someone else can get hours of fun from it instead! Gowd, I just hope they don't make it into some sort of hipster single speed thingy, that would be AWFUL!! :laugh:

Thanks all!

Last edited:

jnrmczip

Think your dad's being a bit of a turd father to be honest if he won't just let you restore it knowing how much you want too.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Think your dad's being a bit of a turd father to be honest if he won't just let you restore it knowing how much you want too.

I know, yes he does have sudden strange moods about things, but I am over it now, it is gone and hopefully will bring someone else happiness!! What I have to remember is that it was his bike, not mine, it was his choice, and I just had to be mature about it and like it or lump it. At least I got him to give it for further use instead of it just going to th dump as he wanted, so that was something at least.

I kept the saddle and mud guards anyway (although I feel I should give the saddle to them as well) so I have got something out of it at least.
I have a habit of keeping at least one bit off an old bike (usually saddles, drink cages, etc) so that its spirit will live on with me when it is reused. Or something.

Last edited:

jnrmczip

I know, yes he does have sudden strange moods about things, but I am over it now, it is gone and hopefully will bring someone else happiness!! What I have to remember is that it was his bike, not mine, it was his choice, and I just had to be mature about it and like it or lump it. At least I got him to give it for further use instead of it just going to th dump as he wanted, so that was something at least.

I kept the saddle and mud guards anyway (although I feel I should give the saddle to them as well) so I have got something out of it at least.
I have a habit of keeping at least one bit off an old bike (usually saddles, drink cages, etc) so that its spirit will live on with me when it is reused. Or something.

As you said the bike is in a good home and will be well looked after. I liked your idea of tracker though follow the bike through its life

Top Bottom