Bike nicked - from work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J1888

Über Member
Due to unforseen circumstances, I left it there since Monday morning and went to pick up this afternoon, and it's gone - taken from a bike shed with keypad lock, in a carpark which is supposed to be security monitored (it's a
government building).

I wish a long, painful death on the b*stard(s) that took it

vickster

Legendary Member
Bad luck :sad: hope it was insured (and locked up in accordance with the Ts&Cs if so)

Presumably you've spoken with the head of security

Keep an eye on fleabay and gumtree, especially if it has any distinguishing marks

OP
OP
J

J1888

Über Member
Aye, insured and locked (insurance said that for bikes up to £1200) that they accept any specifically designed bike lock, so the Abus Cable I used should be enough, hopefully.

Yeah, spoken to the Security Office who will review the CCTV etc, but doubt they'll find it.

Drago

Legendary Member
Swinehunds! I would want to know how thieves gained access past a secure door/gate at in a government building during a time of elevated alert status - supposing they'd been depositing a few kilos of nitrate LoEx instead of nicking bikes? Very slack, particularly for a building in the Capital.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Swinehunds! I would want to know how thieves gained access past a secure door/gate at in a government building during a time of elevated alert status - supposing they'd been depositing a few kilos of nitrate LoEx instead of nicking bikes? Very slack, particularly for a building in the Capital.

Could also of been an inside job

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Really sorry to hear that. Having something nicked is always a horribly unpleasant feeling.

Perhaps when you get a replacement get a heavy chain or similar and keep it at work. Cable locks, even "armoured" ones, are like cutting though string with a decent bolt cutter.

Top Bottom