Bike owner's manual with my Trek Pilot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ibby22

Hello

Should I've got a manual with my new bike? Don't want to appear stupid by asking :wacko:

Thanks

Ibby

Downward

Guru
Trek do a generic manual which is erm crap.

Trek manuals

Ibby22 said:
Hello

Should I've got a manual with my new bike? Don't want to appear stupid by asking :tongue:

Thanks

Ibby

Hi,

I bought two Trek bikes last weekend and they came with little booklets. Inside the front cover of each booklet is a CDROM disc (including manuals for the full range of Trek bikes). If you didn't get the booklets I would get back to the dealer because they also put a barcode sticker on the front page and a little note reminding you when the first 'free' service is due.

Actually the last point may not be available from all LBS.:becool:

cheers

Jeff

zacklaws

Guru
I have two Trek's, a Madone and a 1.2, and both bikes came with identical booklets and CD's and when it came to the nitty gritty they are of not much use. On most of the jobs in the manual it just recommends, take the bike to your dealer to repair etc. Oddly enough a few months ago I did find a more detailed Madone manual online, but dammed if I can find it on my PC now.

What I usually do though is just download the relevant things I need from the Shimano website for brakes, groupsets etc

Top Bottom