Bike Packing Luggage Set Up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raj

What's the front bag? Looks like a narrow mounting. I need something like that as I have bar top brake levers and can't find a suitable front carrier. I have the same gold coloured bell - assuming it's the inexpensive copy of the real thing :smile:

OP
OP
Nigel182

Nigel182

Guru
What's the front bag? Looks like a narrow mounting. I need something like that as I have bar top brake levers and can't find a suitable front carrier. I have the same gold coloured bell - assuming it's the inexpensive copy of the real thing :smile:

Looks good. What make are the bags if you don't mind me asking?

thanks for the comments all the bags are from a UK Made Manufacturer
www.mackworkshop.com

between the bars is the Bar Bag with the Bar Roll attached to it.....am well impressed with the bags and service from the Maker he fits it around his day job plenty of choices for colour and he can even customise bags at your request.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog

To ensure you are guaranteed narrow bags, swap to extra wide bars...

...sorry, poor.

Revelate do a harness with rubber blocks which might solve the issue you have as nothing gets fouled. It hangs everything about 5cm forward of the bars and you can feed cables through a space in the blocks if need be. Then you strap in your dry bag. Obviously, the smaller the bag, the less space taken up between the bars. I use a double ended Alpkit bag. They do a smaller one (15l) which fits between drops and a 20l which is fine on straight bars. If you also want the option, Revelate do an accessory bag for your valuables, that goes round the dry bag. You can clip it on and off in a jiffy.

*Just waiting for Flickr to unbreak (for a change) so I can post a picture.

Last edited:

raj

between the bars is the Bar Bag with the Bar Roll attached to it.....am well impressed with the bags and service from the Maker he fits it around his day job plenty of choices for colour and he can even customise bags at your request.
Thanks. Looks like bar roll with bar bag attached (ie other way round)? From suppliers web-site bar roll page: "A daisy chain on the front of the allows for the Bar Bag (sold separately) to be attached easily for additional storage of frequently accessed items". Assume that should read 'front of the bag'. Also assume your 3rd item is the stem bag? Also states they are only available in black (alternative in Cordura??). What is yours? Looks much nicer than black.

OP
OP
Nigel182

Nigel182

Guru
Thanks. Looks like bar roll with bar bag attached (ie other way round)? From suppliers web-site bar roll page: "A daisy chain on the front of the allows for the Bar Bag (sold separately) to be attached easily for additional storage of frequently accessed items". Assume that should read 'front of the bag'. Also assume your 3rd item is the stem bag? Also states they are only available in black (alternative in Cordura??). What is yours? Looks much nicer than black.

Yep you got it my mistake with the naming ooops
and it is the Stem bag which i use for coolest with stove and gas canister also room to fit a small digital camera without its case.

The colour is Digi Camo there was somewhere on the site listing colours but can't seem to find it you could always email the maker for a list of colours he's very helpful but if busy you may wait a little while for a reply but in my opinion its worth the wait.

Top Bottom