Bike parking buddy.

Do you feel comfortable talking to people you have never met before?

• YES

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • NO

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Only when I am in a group

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I want to but I can't get around that feeling that stops me.

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have my regulars on my towpath commute that I say hello to, walkers and cyclists alike.

That said I have a smaller number who are so miserably resigned to whatever is awaiting at their journeys end they never reply and I gave up on them.

Does anyone find you say hello to more people now its darker, after all only nutters use pitch black towpaths lol

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
London used to be a place where you could have a laugh with a total stranger and just go on your way . A lot of other cultures have moved into the city now and they just don't get that your having a giggle . I carry on anyway even though I do get looked at like a nutter .
Cycling , if im out for a ride and someone is doing laps at my speed I tend to hook up with them to make the ride easier / better / faster . Theres a bit of chat but mainly we all want to put the miles in and someone else taking the lead helps so why not .

Kies

London still is like that. I talk to people everyday on my travels, people just need someone to initiate a conversation and they start yapping away

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
London still is like that. I talk to people everyday on my travels, people just need someone to initiate a conversation and they start yapping away
I'd agree with that. There can be a moment's hesitation while they figure out whether you're a complete nutter or a chugger or a market researcher but they'll nearly always work out that a stranger talking to them isn't a threat.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If i'm out of breath i can still manage a smile or a wave. I see folk while i'm out cycling who i'd love to stop and chat to,especially if i haven't seen them for a while,but most times i have to just acknowledge them as my ride is more important!;)

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Try riding a recumbent on your commute, complete strangers will smile and say hello. It's definitely not for the shy, because recumbents draw stares and conversations just about anywhere you go.

People notice recumbents and they want to know more about them, and the most frequently asked question I got was simply, "Why?".

GC

Top Bottom