Bike parts that have good non bike uses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi,
A strange title to a strange post but my bike really saved the day tonight regarding a blocked toilet of all things. The toilet in question has got a real feeble flush and the inevitable happened tonight. It got blocked and no coaxing would force the offending blockage out. I couldn't find my coiled sink un blocker anywhere and with the hardware shops closed I was left in a dilemma of having no toilet until tomorrow. The old Peugeot bike came to the rescue though in my hour of need. The rear brake cable outer was begrudgingly removed, and made for an excellent rodding device to rod out the blockage. Wow is there anything my bike can't do in the event of an emergency!. Try and do that with a disc braked bike :-) lol.
So tomorrow it's a trip down to the local bike shop for a new brake cable. Don't really fancy putting the old one back now :-)

Last edited:
Ive used a old inner tube a few time to seal a draft through a door/window frame.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Hi,
A strange title to a strange post but my bike really saved the day tonight regarding a blocked toilet of all things. The toilet in question has got a real feeble flush and the inevitable happened tonight. It got blocked and no coaxing would force the offending blockage out. I couldn't find my coiled sink un blocker anywhere and with the hardware shops closed I was left in a dilemma of having no toilet until tomorrow. The old Peugeot bike came to the rescue though in my hour of need. The rear brake cable outer was begrudgingly removed, and made for an excellent rodding device to rod out the blockage. Wow is there anything my bike can't do in the event of an emergency!. Try and do that with a disc braked bike :-) lol.
So tomorrow it's a trip down to the local bike shop for a new brake cable. Don't really fancy putting the old one back now :-)

Brake will be shoot after that:headshake:

The drive side of a chainset makes a really vicious weapon - self defence only of course.

Picasso made a work of art out of handlebars and a saddle
1441734262_719_737_Bulls_Head.jpeg.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
Locknut from a rear brake used to fasten a windscreen wiper back into place on a coach. Driver seemed a bit hesitant when it was mentioned, but 10 minutes work saved a two hour wait for a replacement coach.

Brakes being carried as replacements for another bike. Three foot stilson used to fasten it had him wondering what else could be in the rucksack.

Never got the nut back though.

Top Bottom