Bike Racks at Work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member

And it being Argos, you can take it back no questions asked once you've used it. Apparently. :whistle:

Before we moved buildings we had a similar problem. facilities installed 6 bike lockers, strictly to be used on a first come, first served basis.
Within a fortnight 4 of them had acquired shiny new padlocks and were constantly locked.
It then came to light that one person who lived within walking distance had bagged two of the lockers for his bikes as they were taking up too much room in his flat...

A 7 day notice of Facilities intention to remove the locks and donate anything found in the lockers to charity resolved that problem.

Fortunately at the new building there is more secure bike parking than you can shake a stick at, even if several bikes do seem to have taken up residence.

It's worth asking building/facilities management to have a look at the situation. Someone must have complained recently at my new workplace because they just put a message on the intranet saying that they have been monitoring it and will store and potentially destroy any bikes that appear still to be abandoned by the end of the week. Seems to have done the trick because suddenly there sems to be a load more free spaces in the bike sheds. They own/lease the facilities so they have the power to do whatever they like really, just make sure that you ask in a polite way.

Then again, they could turn out to not give a shoot like my old workplace with inadequate cycle parking which insisted everything was fine despite people sometimes having to lock four bikes per stand.

OneArmedBandit

The Argos one is corded, depends if you have a plug within reach.

IME abandoned bikes always have cheap locks which are easy to remove.

If your facilities team don't like a DIY approach then ask them to get a contractor in, they must have someone with an angle grinder. Or flag down a scrap van, I bet they will happily liberate them for you.

Top Bottom