Bike racks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Hello
I must have the only folder that doesnt have a rack on the back. In my local Lidl they have the bike bags coming in on Monday. So what rack would i need for one? I dont think i have the bolts and everything for some of the racks, so does it mean i have to get one that attaches to the seatpost?
On my Mums old bike, theres the rack that fits to the bolt that the brakes are on. But how do i know if the panniers will fit onto it?
I cant buy off the internet so its got to be a shop. The local bike shop has these racks http://www.thebikeshop-nottingham.com/10441/info.php?p=8&cat=22451 and i have thought about the Pannier rack seat post mount. Or do i get a normal rack and use the P clips to connect it, and will they fit onto the back of a folder?

Cheers

Joe

Which Folder?

The problem with folders is the small wheels and fold. Often a rack will either be difficult to fit due fo the size of the rear triangle, or will affect the fold.

If you can let us know which one you have, it is likely that someone will have already come up with their own answer.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Well the folder i have is a seasure one. I dont think it will effect the fold too much. The handlebars fold away from the bike, and its just a fold in the middle. The only thing i can see it changing is it pushing the fold out slightly. Heres the bike, i dont think it shows the fold too good though.
ssfb2.jpg

Cheers

Top Bottom