Bike racks??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

macka09

Hi guys. New to the site but I am looking for some advice in regards to a 4 bike car rack if possible? The car is a Ford Focus 2016 and it doesn’t have a tow bar or roof rack. We have 2 adult bikes and 2 kids bikes. I have no idea what system is best so I’m open to suggestions please.

vickster

Legendary Member
Can you fit a tow bar or roof bars? They offer the best options especially for multiple bikes

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
You can get 4 bike carriers on a roof with some of the Thule roof rack systems. If you arrange the actual bike carrier racks alternately (i.e. one facing forward, the next facing rearward, and so on) it makes it very doable, the width of the bike bars are taken out of the equation then.
I have 3 racks on my roof bars (pic below), but there's definitely room for another and I know a family who have fitted 4 on the same type car, with the same Thule racks and similar Thule bars.

I think a roof rack is really your only option for 4 bikes. Welcome by the way! :hello:

20210225_182254.jpg

20210225_182413.jpg

20210225_182437.jpg

OP
OP
M

macka09

Thanks for the replies. I’ve never had a car with a roof rack or tow bar I don’t think. I’m surprised how much they actually cost. Are any of the racks easily removable or useable? It looks like with a tow bar attachment I’d need a registration plate and lights. With the roof bars how do you reach into the middle? Cheers

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Sorry, I forgot to say: When you research your options, you'd need a pair of roof bars, a fitting kit specific to your car, and then 4 bike carriers, so take that into account when you price things up. There's no really cheap way to carry 4 bikes, or none that I know of anyway. Unless you own a van.

Top Bottom