Bike recommendations/suggestions wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
I have my specialized vita for "proper" cycling and I have the appollo metis that I got when I didn't know any better.
I love the vita, nice and light, comfortable and easy to do a good few miles and tackle the hills on.
But I do love the metis because it's just so purdy, and it has a basket for my shopping and it appeals to my romantic view of cycling along wearing floaty dresses with a basket of flowers.
So, I want to replace it with something equally pretty and lovely, but preferably a good bit lighter because it is a brute to get up anything like a hill.
I've seen a Dawes Duchess leaf which is very nice, but even heavier -although it didn't actually feel that heavy when I had a sit on it.
I really really really want an electra cruiser but they are just too expensive and not at all practical.
I'm wondering about a pashley, but the only one I've seen in the flesh was a poppy and I wasn't all that impressed with the finish.
I have until September when I'm hoping somebody will be treating me for my birthday.

the snail

Guru
Not really my thing, but I think most of those shopping bikes have heavy steel frames and 3 gears so they're not going to be fun uphill. A couple from evans I found with aluminium frames and more gears:
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/pinnacle/californium-one-2012-womens-hybrid-bike-ec035864
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/charge/mandoline-2012-womens-hybrid-bike-ec029986#answers

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
You need one of these.:whistle:
Image1-1.jpg

sidevalve

Über Member
If you want a ladies frame get one, whatever anyone else says, after all it's your bike. However you WILL pay a price in extra weight. I'm not too sure about the Pashley, the ones I've seen seem to be well made but a bit over heavy. You could also check out the Carrera range from good 'ole Halfords, some have ladies frames [not in the usual sense but with the geometry slightly altered to be more female friendly].
Worth a thought anyway.

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
Thanks all.
I really like the look of the pinnacle californium.
I'm pretty set on a proper step through as it's a second bike, not for heavy duty use. I can't bring myself to put a basket on the specialized. lol.

Top Bottom