Bike rescue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
This rain is becoming a tad annoying now.
The outbuilding looks like it’s going to flood, I don’t think the missus appreciated my rescue priorities haha

least they’re dry and warm now, they just need a blanket and cup of cocoa haha

Attachments

• D7295297-2725-4FD4-9A61-2ED6896DD337.jpeg
    D7295297-2725-4FD4-9A61-2ED6896DD337.jpeg
    199.2 KB · Views: 12
Happy bikes, happy home.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
I got everything else raised off the ground, but it looks like the damp course has failed as the walls are acting like a sponge, and the water is now seeping past the sand bags.
Drying this outs gonna prove fun.

My heart really goes out to all the people who’s homes are flooded it must be soul destroying.

I got everything else raised off the ground, but it looks like the damp course has failed as the walls are acting like a sponge, and the water is now seeping past the sand bags.
Drying this outs gonna prove fun.

My heart really goes out to all the people who’s homes are flooded it must be soul destroying.
I feel for you. I can imagine what it is like trying to sleep when you know this is going on in the background. I can't even sleep when the wind is rattling the windows, nevermind when the water is rising.

If you have a sense of humour, here's something for you:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLJvLIfRMpg

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
I feel for you. I can imagine what it is like trying to sleep when you know this is going on in the background. I can't even sleep when the wind is rattling the windows, nevermind when the water is rising.

If you have a sense of humour, here's something for you:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLJvLIfRMpg

haha that did make me laugh.

my youngest daughter can’t stand the wind, if it’s strong enough and from the correct direction it howls between us and the neighbours she bounces off the walls when that happens.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
My two bikes have their little corner of the house as a matter of course. :blush: I wouldn't be so heartless as to relegate them to the garage. :laugh:

P.S. Love the colour of both bikes. I have a jacket in the same shade of blue :becool:

Thanks, I was against getting a black bike, and the blue on the Merida was nice, the Ribble I was lucky as it’s a Biggs special but they colour match well haha.

I was watching a Merida Scultura on EBay, the seller made me an offer?!? For a cheaper price but it looks too good to be true.

Thanks, I was against getting a black bike, and the blue on the Merida was nice, the Ribble I was lucky as it’s a Biggs special but they colour match well haha.

Both my rideable bikes (Wiggins Rouen & Wiggins Chartres) are mostly red. As are the two in bits in the garage. I obviously like red bikes then... :whistle:

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
I ended up stopping the worst of the flooding by nailing some old inner tube to the doorframe in the out building, I then cut a piece of wood to the width of the doorframe and split another inner tube and put it round the edge of the wood, then nailed the whole thing in place.

It doesn't look elegant but as a quick fix it held together ok.

Top Bottom