Bike rules for cyclocross

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oliver

I'm currently at uni, and I've decided to enter in the BUCS cyclocross (http://www.bucs.org.uk/page.asp?section=14732&sectionTitle=Cyclo+Cross) in a few weeks time and this is the bike i was intending to use (below) - the rules state any bike can enter, but I have been excluded events in the past where this was stated beforehand (xc mainly) - i'm not hoping to win just would be nice to be able to take part. - do you reckon it will be aloud to race?
35kq4a0.jpg

MTBs are usually allowed in club or league level CX - you need to check with the organiser.

VamP

Banned
Crazy arsed bike :thumbsup:

Was the frame designed for that much travel? CX league races allow MTBs, National Trophy races don't. You need to check with BUCS if they do or not. They might also have concerns about your bike as it's a hybrid (of a very different kind). Specifically safety concerns about the bars I would imagine.

How does it ride?

Oh and if it's muddy, and it will be, you'll want different tyres.

OP
OP
oliver

oliver

Vamp - like my bikes to be individual!
in terms of travel probably not - but when i bought it it had similar travel forks - that rode nicely and looked semi original (same age)- so when I upgraded them last winter I decided I didn't want to change it to much because I currently liked it- I will contact them as don't want to turn up and not be aloud to race, but the bars are no wider than normal mtb bars so can't see why there would be a problem.

It's really great to ride - can handle most rough stuff, but at high speed it's in a league of it's own - great for fast alpine fire road descents!

In terms of tyres they are specilized fast traks - not normaly to good in mid to light mud (looking at last years photos), but I don't have the money to change them just for one race - I guess I'll have to make do

VamP

Banned
Vamp - like my bikes to be individual!
in terms of travel probably not - but when i bought it it had similar travel forks - that rode nicely and looked semi original (same age)- so when I upgraded them last winter I decided I didn't want to change it to much because I currently liked it- I will contact them as don't want to turn up and not be aloud to race, but the bars are no wider than normal mtb bars so can't see why there would be a problem.

It's really great to ride - can handle most rough stuff, but at high speed it's in a league of it's own - great for fast alpine fire road descents!

In terms of tyres they are specilized fast traks - not normaly to good in mid to light mud (looking at last years photos), but I don't have the money to change them just for one race - I guess I'll have to make do

I like your attitude.

I think most commissaire's wouldn't have a problem with your bike, but it's best to check with the guy on the day just in case he has a thing about bikes that aren't easily categorised :smile:

ballyharpat

I don't think they allow disk brakes, not sure though, in the US they didn't and they would not allow you race if you did not have bar end plugs, no saddle bags as well for some reason....

Top Bottom