Bike Service ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uclown2002

Guru
i know some will slate them but i have 2 bikes from halfords and have their service plan on both of them, i try to do bits myself but like the fact that they will help with big jobs(or naything i mess up),get a service each year and replace all cables for £20, the guy at my local halfords is brilliant and that good that when i brought a non halfords bike i also took the bike care plan out on that and he looks after that aswell and have no issues. (non halfords bike care plan £30)
+1
I have 2 bikes on their 3 year care plan, one of which is non-halfords.
Free annual service, all cables and maintenance free; just have to pay for any additional parts with by British Cycling discount of course. Because I have bought 3 new bikes there in the last 18 months they charged me £30 total for 3 years. Not a bad deal :becool:

Andrew Brown

1500 miles?
It's just about run in now :thumbsup:

Got to agree with most of the others, most of that is easily done yourself with minimal tools, even a div like me can do it :whistle:

I agree, I used to pull my bikes apart when I was 10 and they needed more tools than now! Everything is Allen keys now in the main.

Bottom bracket out at 1500? Jokes in my opinion. My last bb lasted 4500 miles and it wasn't anything that good, sealed so nout to do in the meantime. I was a bit disappointed with 4500!

All the other stuff, 1500 should see you require adjustments and checks, not removal and strip down, most parts you can't fully dismantle now anyhow.

New jockey wheels a good shout but that wasn't included anyhow!

OP
OP
jamin100

jamin100

Guru
Thanks for all the responses
The bottom bracket had to be serviced after about 300 miles as the grease had dried up or something..
Something about the BB30 not having enough grease from the factory

billy1561

BB wrecker
I agree, I used to pull my bikes apart when I was 10 and they needed more tools than now! Everything is Allen keys now in the main.

Bottom bracket out at 1500? Jokes in my opinion. My last bb lasted 4500 miles and it wasn't anything that good, sealed so nout to do in the meantime. I was a bit disappointed with 4500!

All the other stuff, 1500 should see you require adjustments and checks, not removal and strip down, most parts you can't fully dismantle now anyhow.

New jockey wheels a good shout but that wasn't included anyhow!
My BB has just been replaced at 2100 miles..

RiflemanSmith

I just replaced my BB it probably only did less than 2000 miles.
Wore out before my pads even did, saying that so did the chain and my
rear cassette. .

Top Bottom