Bike set up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sir adrian dangerous

Über Member
20170902_132447.jpg
heres my bikepacking set up ready for next weekend. I cant make my mind up between the Arkel tailrider and the Alpkit Koala though.
20170902_131856.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Interesting. How much does all the luggage weigh? I'd be a bit worried about not being able to 'see' the front wheel though.

personally I'd go with the Alpkit Koala keep the weight in toward the centre of the bike although that depends on what is in the bags....
Test ride both and go with what feels best is another way.

Not done my bike packing Bivvy out yet hope yours goes well.

OP
OP
sir adrian dangerous

sir adrian dangerous

Über Member
I can still see the front wheel, just. Im going very minimalist so weight wont be a problem. They both have +and - points. The Arkel is sturdier and easier to remove but is heavier and holds slightly less than the koala.

I can still see the front wheel, just. Im going very minimalist so weight wont be a problem. They both have +and - points. The Arkel is sturdier and easier to remove but is heavier and holds slightly less than the koala.
You seem to have plenty of choice with luggage
I seem to have amassed a few bags for different options and bikes too
this Bike packing could become an expensive hobby glad the camping ain't gonna cost too much though.

Is that a carbon frame. If it is, have you got anything under the straps as the constant rubbing can make quite a mess of carbon. Looks good though.

S-Express

No room for bottles?

Top Bottom