Bike shops/cafés

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kapelmuur

Veteran
The LBS I have been using for the past 14 years has closed, another local shop has become a coffee shop plus some of the bike friendly cafés I liked to stop at have gone. Is this a national trend or just north Cheshire?

Sharky

Guru
OT cycles in dartford and Trithe bike shop in Gravesend have both closed, but I've noticed a couple of service and repair shops springing up.

I think that shops whose business model is to sell bikes, are probably doomed, but ones whose mission is to service and repair will prosper.

All uphill

Still rolling along
OT cycles in dartford and Trithe bike shop in Gravesend have both closed, but I've noticed a couple of service and repair shops springing up.

I think that shops whose business model is to sell bikes, are probably doomed, but ones whose mission is to service and repair will prosper.

And if they serve coffee too....

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
My LBS closed last year as the owner decided to retire, though he did put me onto another one who have been great fixing all my repair cock ups.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Wills wheels in Stockport (Heatons) if you need an LBS, and Station South Levenshulme for coffee and a bike workshop place (on certin days for bike workshops).

OP are you talking about the place in Wilmslow that shut ?

D

Deleted member 1258

Ride in Coventry, on the Lythals Lane bridge, are closing down, they started in 1999 and were involved in cycling and skating.

Jameshow

Veteran
Why is that? Supply chain issues or general lack of cash on the part of the public?

Probably cost of living I expect...

OP
OP
kapelmuur

kapelmuur

Veteran
Wills wheels in Stockport (Heatons) if you need an LBS, and Station South Levenshulme for coffee and a bike workshop place (on certin days for bike workshops).

OP are you talking about the place in Wilmslow that shut ?

Bike Shak in Altrincham is the one I used, I thought it would be OK because the workshop was busy. Usually at least a week to get a slot.

Also the LBS in Hale and Apus Peak in Knutsford which was also a café.

PS. Which one In Wilmslow?

Top Bottom