Bike shops SE London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisTh

Anyone know of any little bike shops in or around Crayford/Bexleyheath?

Or more to the point, any ones people can recommend. Don't need anything in particular right now but would like to know just in case. Would rather than than rely on halfords/online shopping.

Thanks in advance.

vickster

Legendary Member
@martint235 is from that neck of the woods

Sharky

Guru
Had a frame resprayed by
http://www.whitescyclecentre.co.uk @ Bexley health.

If you can get out to Gravesend, the Tri Bike shop is very good and if you can get to Strood, Geoff Wiles cycles.

If you need any maintenence done, there is a good independent chap based in Chatham. Just PM me for contact details.

Cheers Keith

rb58

Enigma
There's White's Cycles in Bexleyheath which is quite small and on the occasions I've used them I've had good service. I've used Sidcup Cycles quite a lot, but you need to know your stuff if you go in there if you know what I mean. @martint235 has used Welling Cycles a fair bit and may be able to offer an opinion.

There's also Bexley Bikes in Bexleyheath, which is quite a big shop but I've never used them.

There used to be a Cycle King in Dartford (probably still is) but that's at the cheap end.

HTH

martint235

Dog on a bike
Yup definitely a recommendation for Welling Cycles. I've used them for years for anything I can't do. He also hand builds wheels and does this for other shops too.

I'd steer clear of Bexley Bikes. Complete pain in the rear last time I used them. I only used them because Giant told me I needed a Giant reseller to check over a busted frame. Bexley Bikes charged me a fortune for swapping the bits over which should have been done as warranty. It was only afterwards I found out that Peter at Welling Cycles was able to do the job on behalf of Giant. Don't know why Giant didn't tell me that.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Yup definitely a recommendation for Welling Cycles. I've used them for years for anything I can't do. He also hand builds wheels and does this for other shops too.

I'd steer clear of Bexley Bikes. Complete pain in the rear last time I used them. I only used them because Giant told me I needed a Giant reseller to check over a busted frame. Bexley Bikes charged me a fortune for swapping the bits over which should have been done as warranty. It was only afterwards I found out that Peter at Welling Cycles was able to do the job on behalf of Giant. Don't know why Giant didn't tell me that.
Any experience of Sidcup Cycles, Martin? I think @crazyjoe101(not seen him on here for a while) rides with their club and I've seen them doing Dr Bike things down at the Greenwich foottunnel.

martint235

Dog on a bike
No sorry never been in Sidcup Cycles. I know Peter at Welling Cycles deals with him quite a lot which I'd take as at least a partial recommendation.

Just remembered the shop on Lee High Road but it's been over 10 years since I went in there. He used to be good but grumpy.

OP
OP
C

ChrisTh

Cheers for the help peeps, good to know there are a couple of places local at least. Not got a car and only other form of transport is motorbike so handy to have some good places within range of me.

Ganymede

Veteran
Anyone know of any little bike shops in or around Crayford/Bexleyheath?

Or more to the point, any ones people can recommend. Don't need anything in particular right now but would like to know just in case. Would rather than than rely on halfords/online shopping.

Thanks in advance.
Thass not South East London, thass north west Kent that is!!

OP
OP
C

ChrisTh

I'm inside travel card zone with London address, counts for me ^_^

And London sounds better....

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I got off the train at Swanley recently having foolishly assumed that my 6-zone travelcard would cover it. The station bloke looked at it for a long time in silence, then said "You're not in London anymore. You're in Kent now." A banjo twanged in the distance.

vickster

Legendary Member
600px-tumbleweed-on-highway.jpg

OP
OP
C

ChrisTh

Indeed. I work in Swanley, another reason I like to say I live in London. Makes my commute in and out of London sound better.....

I'm a bit weird like that :blush:

Top Bottom