Bike Show at ExCel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh yeah, there was a chap and his buddy at Chicken Cycles I think, that lightly lifted a bike to test the weight as it was hanging by a thin hook from the display, he slightly misjudged it and the lovely racing bike went crashing to the floor...in to another two lovely display racing bikes.:blush:

The stall owners were calm about it. I didn't see if there was much damage, was that anyone here?

Browser

Guru
Yes, Roubaix Murry & I tried the 'leccy bike (small-wheeled white-painted effort) and yes, it was a giggle when the electric motor cut in :biggrin:

sparty69

I went today... I think you are being too kind with your "meh".

We were only there 90 minutes, in that time we went round the whole thing twice, did some bits three times, we had lunch and a coffee and we wandered round the Outdoors Show as well.

The only thing I saw that was worth digging out the credit card was some rather lovely olive oil. Although I was tempted to get a new gun case, but that's because there was some decent kit for sale in the Outdoors show, whereas there was just crap on display in the bikes area.

A dreadful waste of time, that was a Saturday that I'll never get back again. I should have been getting bikes MOT'd or watching The Boy playing rugby or perming my eyebrows or something, anything would have been better than going up there.

Oy Norm, did you/do you own a Buell?

Norm

**uh oh**

I might do / have done. Why?
scared.gif

If you're going to accuse me of being "Norm" from UKBEG or any of the Fazer forums, that is most definitely not me. Just because we look similar, have the same avatar, live in the same part of the world, it's pure coincidence. :whistle:

Unless I lent you some money, in which case, Hi, Chris / Ron / Rik / Steve, can I have it back please. :biggrin:

sparty69

**uh oh**

I might do / have done. Why?
scared.gif

If you're going to accuse me of being "Norm" from UKBEG or any of the Fazer forums, that is most definitely not me. Just because we look similar, have the same avatar, live in the same part of the world, it's pure coincidence. :whistle:

Unless I lent you some money, in which case, Hi, Chris / Ron / Rik / Steve, can I have it back please. :biggrin:

Ha Ha, I knew it was you when I saw the avatar :biggrin: . Don't worry, you don't owe me any money or owt like that. I juyst wanted to say hi!. I was on the UKBEG site for a while when I had a ulysses. I was known as 'buggrit', then changed to 'spartacus'. Hope you're keeping well.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I went on Friday, and I echo your Meh.

The only good bits were some of the trick displays, and the MTB course.
Oh and I also got to see a Genesis Croix de Fer in the flesh which makes me want one even more.

Nowhere near enough stuff for sale. The friend I went with was looking for a pair of waterproof trousers. One stall had some good ones, and looked basically like a shop. He enquired as to the price, but was told they weren't selling anything, it was display only!!

Plus 90% of the bikes were very expensive - £3,000+

Top Bottom