Bike Show at ExCel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chrisz

Über Member
Meh!

A very mediocre affair - not much there at all I thought. I did pick up the 2011 Pinarello brochure though and I got myself shown round an £8.5 mil Gin Palace :smile:

The bike show bit was mostly shops selling complete bikes, no real componentry there and only a few clothing stores. The Layzene guy didn't even have anything actually for sale :sad:

On the plus side - my credid card remained intact (although I'm having serious thoughts about a Freelander).

subaqua

What’s the point
went to the boat show last weekend as we have visitors this weekend meaning i missed the 2 free shows :sad:

the boats were very very nice. Mrs Subaqua and eldest daughter were spending the lottery win we havent had !

roubaix murry

My mate and I went today and was a bit disappointed by the size of bike part of show. Saying that, what was there was good and enjoyed it . Also didn't spend much so missus relieved.
Also quite impressed by Excel centre , good venue

Browser

Guru
Oi, Murry, I've just started a thread in the cafe, only to find you in 'ere!! As said, rather small and no reall trade show-type stands, but a nice day out.

Norm

Meh!

A very mediocre affair - not much there at all I thought.
I went today... I think you are being too kind with your "meh".

We were only there 90 minutes, in that time we went round the whole thing twice, did some bits three times, we had lunch and a coffee and we wandered round the Outdoors Show as well.

The only thing I saw that was worth digging out the credit card was some rather lovely olive oil. Although I was tempted to get a new gun case, but that's because there was some decent kit for sale in the Outdoors show, whereas there was just crap on display in the bikes area.

A dreadful waste of time, that was a Saturday that I'll never get back again. I should have been getting bikes MOT'd or watching The Boy playing rugby or perming my eyebrows or something, anything would have been better than going up there.

Norm

This was the only CC thread I had seen previously. However and unfortunately, the tickets were pre-booked and paid for by the friend I accompanied.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Very glad I didn't waste £19 on the train fare for this- freebie tickets or no, that would have been a waste of time, effort and dosh! The reports I'd read on here and BR were uniformly negative, and the 'highlights' mentioned on road.cc & roadcyclinguk just didn't look worth the bother. Earls' Court last year wasn't as good as the previous couple of shows there, but it was still a good day out (IMHO). Let alone compared to this seemingly pointless exercise!

roubaix murry

Another thing I thought was odd, not one magazine was represented at the show. You would think they would of tried to support a new event.

e-rider

crappy member
glad I didn't bother then as I was seriously thinking about it but decided I couldn't afford it - would have been really annoyed if I'd spend my last few quid on it

Where was that then, didn't see no cycling plus etc

It was right by an entrance down a far end.....N3 or 4.

I won a Vango camping kettle(woo woo! :biggrin: ) and had a go on a few things.....anyone try the electric bikes with the turbo? (the track wasn't straight enough to speed but made me giggle)

Top Bottom