Bike size and ebike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leemi1982

Hi I’m not really knowledgeable on bikes but I bought a cheap hybrid bike 3yr ago from Halfords and they measured me up for it however I always felt it was a little to big for me, I took it back twice but Halfords were determined it was correct size. I’m 5ft 8 riding a 20inch frame the online measurements say I should be on a 18inch frame didn’t know that back then.

Anyway thinking of getting a ebike now due to a knee problem but the only ebike I like the look off and in my price range is back at Halfords would I be okay to buy it online and select a 18inch frame or do I Really need to go in and hopefully get measured correct.

That’s a difficult question to answer, depending on manufacturer they usually have tables that take height and arm span and give a frame size that has a high change of being correct. Check the manufacturer websites for these. Perhaps look for these and measure yourself or choose another store.
Golden Rule: always make sure you’re happy with what you’re buying, don’t let a lack of cycling knowledge put you off asking questions, we all start somewhere and it’s in their best interest to answer your questions to the best their ability. Cycling is a very personal sport and if the bike doesn’t feel right it probably isn’t, or can be made to feel right.

gbb

Legendary Member
Normally youd request a test ride, which would immediately let you know if something didnt feel right size wise. But given the restrictions with covid , itd be worth contacting them.

Their own size guides suggest a 17 or18 inch for someone between 5ft5 and 5ft10. I'm pretty sure my crossfire E is a 19 inch and I am 5ft10. It always struck me the crossfire E feels a big bike, its tall.

Whatever the bike, look at where you order it, select size..and there is an icon with a ruler there , that gives a breakdown of heights and sizes.

Top Bottom