bike size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grellboy

Veteran
Maybe a stupid question, but anyway, my bike I have at moment seems fine for when I am going along but just occasionally - when I do a sharp turn and never at speed - the front wheel will brush against my toes. Does this mean I am riding too small a bike? Or is it a common occurrence?

Your feet should be in the six o'clock position when turning, so your feet would be away from the wheel . Left turn left foot up . right turn right foot up .

winjim

Smash the cistern
Maybe a stupid question, but anyway, my bike I have at moment seems fine for when I am going along but just occasionally - when I do a sharp turn and never at speed - the front wheel will brush against my toes. Does this mean I am riding too small a bike? Or is it a common occurrence?
It's called toe overlap and is perfectly normal. At normal speeds it isn't an issue because you never need to turn the bars that sharply, but as you've noticed it can catch you out at low speeds. Just watch out for it when performing low speed maneuvres.

I got used to it on my bike, then I fitted mudguards and had to get used to it all over again.

DEFENDER01

Über Member
When i am turning that sharp i am not pedaling so i position my feet to accordingly.
Otherwise with mt MTB with nobly tires it can lift your feet off the pedals. :headshake:

Top Bottom