bike storage in the cold advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bad boy

Über Member
Hi,

With the impending arrival of a new bike, I am now focusing on where im going to keep it along with my commuter.

I do not have a garage so the shed is the most logical place.

I was wondering however do I need to do anything special to the bike to protect it from the cold and damp ?.

I thought about covering it with a blanket :tongue:

OP
OP
B

bad boy

Über Member
Hi,

With the impending arrival of a new bike, I am now focusing on where im going to keep it along with my commuter.

I was wondering however do I need to do anything special to the bike to protect it from the cold and damp ?.

I thought about covering it with a blanket :tongue:

bad boy said:

No....unless your shed is leaky. My old Orange stayed in the shed for 15 years and is still like new.

bad boy said:

No....unless your shed is leaky. My old Orange stayed in the shed for 15 years and is still like new.

OP
OP
B

bad boy

Über Member
Thanks Tollers the shed is new actually and water tight so no problems with it getting wet, just the cold damp air is going to get to it.

OP
OP
B

bad boy

Über Member
Thanks Tollers the shed is new actually and water tight so no problems with it getting wet, just the cold damp air is going to get to it.

martinarchtech

bike in hallway

i wouldent mind keeping mine in the hall. nice and handy for me . except when the inlaws come in saying..... aint bikes meant to be in the shed :laugh:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
My better half put up with my road bike in the bedroom for about 48 hours until it was banished to a cold dark shed :-(

If you regullarilly clean/oil it i dont think it will come to much harm.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
My better half put up with my road bike in the bedroom for about 48 hours until it was banished to a cold dark shed :-(

If you regullarilly clean/oil it i dont think it will come to much harm.

OP
OP
B

bad boy

Über Member
mine have been banished from the hallway also, so the shed it is.

Im thinking of getting a bike cave actually for the garden

OP
OP
B

bad boy

Über Member
mine have been banished from the hallway also, so the shed it is.

Im thinking of getting a bike cave actually for the garden

Top Bottom