Bike swapping advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I have a Dawes Giro 300 with a frame size of 58 cm, that is too big for me. I have to tried to make it work for me but it continues to be uncomfortable. Does anyone know anyway of swapping i.e some online site where I could swap my bike with someone else who has a bike in a similar price range that is too small for them? I have looked around but not a lot came up. Cheers.

Sharky

Guru
Have you considered buying a new smaller frame and swapping all the componants across? You can buy a Ribble winter/audax frame for about £100. Then sell the 58 to recoup some of the money later.

Venod

Eh up
There was a fixie for sale on ebay that I liked, I had a MTB that I wasn't using so I contacted the seller and asked if he was interested in a swap, we arranged to meet and he was happy with the MTB and I with the fixie.

So it pays to ask, they may be happy with a swap.

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I might be interested in a bit of trading, depending upon where you are based and what you want.
Hi, I'm based in Cardiff. I'm wanting a good condition modern road bike, frame size 54/55 that was orginally worth in the price range of £300 - £500, as that was what my bike was originally worth (I brought it secondhand). I have changed to a shorter stem on my bike, but I have retained the original stem.

Cheers

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Hi, I'm based in Cardiff. I'm wanting a good condition modern road bike, frame size 54/55 that was orginally worth in the price range of £300 - £500, as that was what my bike was originally worth (I brought it secondhand). I have changed to a shorter stem on my bike, but I have retained the original stem.

Cheers
ok let me have a look in the garage and see what i have , not promising anything but will have a look and get back to you

Top Bottom