Bike thieves in Portsmouth.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
In Paris once I came across a couple of guys beating the hell out of the cash box in a phone booth. Walked past and 10 yards round the corner I came across two CRS on foot patrol. Told them about the robbers and their faces lit up with joy as they dashed off round the corner. I didn't go back to watch what ensued! You don't mess around with the CRS.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
In Paris once I came across a couple of guys beating the hell out of the cash box in a phone booth. Walked past and 10 yards round the corner I came across two CRS on foot patrol. Told them about the robbers and their faces lit up with joy as they dashed off round the corner. I didn't go back to watch what ensued! You don't mess around with the CRS.
Routinely recruited from fellows faced with serious violence charges, given the straight option between trial and probably a ten stretch, or sign here. Or so I was told by the daughter of one of Paris's Top Plodmeisters.

Drago

Legendary Member

A few years back 3 ne'er do wells tried to rob a chap on the Paris Metro. Unfortunately, the South African special forces trooper wasn't in the mood and rendered all 3 assailants unconscious in very short order. He was given a medal and the French Police paid for his holiday. Lets hope hes holidaying in England if someone tries to pinch claud's bike.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
A few years back 3 ne'er do wells tried to rob a chap on the Paris Metro. Unfortunately, the South African special forces trooper wasn't in the mood and rendered all 3 assailants unconscious in very short order. He was given a medal and the French Police paid for his holiday. Lets hope hes holidaying in England if someone tries to pinch claud's bike.

Don't be daft. In the UK he'd be given 10 years whilst the poor little diddums offenders would be given compo and pat on the back.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Routinely recruited from fellows faced with serious violence charges, given the straight option between trial and probably a ten stretch, or sign here. Or so I was told by the daughter of one of Paris's Top Plodmeisters.

Sounds more like the Foreign Legion. They have a little place in Calvi to keep an eye on the Corsicans and they put on regular parachuting demos in the bay. We strolled up the citadel one day and found that they had an exhibition of all the stuff the Foreign Legion do; abseiling, parachuting, canoeing, shooting, camping, climbing ladders, it looked pretty exciting so I asked the very serious recruitment officer in a kepi if there was any chance of spending a day out with his lads. He was not amused.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Sounds more like the Foreign Legion. They have a little place in Calvi to keep an eye on the Corsicans and they put on regular parachuting demos in the bay. We strolled up the citadel one day and found that they had an exhibition of all the stuff the Foreign Legion do; abseiling, parachuting, canoeing, shooting, camping, climbing ladders, it looked pretty exciting so I asked the very serious recruitment officer in a kepi if there was any chance of spending a day out with his lads. He was not amused.
I'm sure the FL do it too. The French are nothing if not, 'ow you say, les pragmatistes.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Another thing I learned in the Polis - don't get involved when you're on a hiding to nothing. These types think nothing of leaving you in a pool of blood.. As for scampering, I think you've been reading too much Enid Blyton. It rarely works that way these days, they have no fear.
Ahem ...
The other day I was sitting outside Celino's in Dennistoun, my bike just a few yards away locked to the bike racks.
Three half cut male shaped objects went near it, started to fumble about.
Granted, there were plenty of other people about, but I wasn't thinking about that, I went for them, got the rear light back they had lifted - never noticed until later they had taken my water bottle too.
Yes, they could have stabbed me or something, but the friend I was sitting with would have called an ambulance, so, all good ^_^
I would have done the same had it been not my bike, of course after a wee risk assessment first.
Moral of the story: do not go to shady places by yourself!
Not that Dennistoun is particularly shady, of course :whistle:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Thanks for the thought, but I don't want anyone beaten unconscious by some meathead on my account. I would, however, very much appreciate it if a small person thwarted an attempt to steal my bike by making a large fuss.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Ahem ...
The other day I was sitting outside Celino's in Dennistoun, my bike just a few yards away locked to the bike racks.
Three half cut male shaped objects went near it, started to fumble about.
Granted, there were plenty of other people about, but I wasn't thinking about that, I went for them, got the rear light back they had lifted - never noticed until later they had taken my water bottle too.
Yes, they could have stabbed me or something, but the friend I was sitting with would have called an ambulance, so, all good ^_^
I would have done the same had it been not my bike, of course after a wee risk assessment first.
Moral of the story: do not go to shady places by yourself!
Not that Dennistoun is particularly shady, of course :whistle:

Now let me think, given the choice of messing with oor Pat in Dennistoun, or South African special services on the Paris metro..... Hmmmmm. I'll take my chances with the South African chap!!

Top Bottom