bike throwing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Well, the difference is that it's not their own bike is it :smile:

It's a bit like a pro golfer having a shocking round and snapping his putter or a pro tennis player smashing his raquet.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Well, the difference is that it's not their own bike is it :smile:

It's a bit like a pro golfer having a shocking round and snapping his putter or a pro tennis player smashing his raquet.
true!i still find that anything i use for more then 20 mins i treat like it is mine! i think i would be very angry/sad if one of the machines broke or got nicked in the school workshop for example! (yes i am well tooooo sad :sad: and yes i do love machines/machinery! :biggrin:)
Cheers Ed

zizou

Veteran
This was Kittel apologising this morning :biggrin:

BirAyDcIMAAu79w.jpg

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
This was Kittel apologising this morning :biggrin:

BirAyDcIMAAu79w.jpg
:biggrin: he has asked the mighty lord almighty for forgiveness of his sins! (the mighty lord almighty of course being Giant and Shimano!)
maybe some nice lithium grease or a big bottle of chain lube might have been more appropriate!?
Cheers Ed

Last edited:

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
seen this come up on facebook from bike radar
http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/marcel-kittel-bike-throw-video-40395/

above bike (i think)

a bit more

now for wiggins and a pinnarelo dogma! :ohmy:hmy :cry::cry:

and an old clip from TDF 1997

my question is, is there much of this abuse going on? :sad:
i sincerely do hope no one on here would even consider this with any bike!
Cheers Ed

I once threw my old 17 tonne BSO into a bush then pulled it out so I could throw it on the floor, then I kicked it till it fell apart. I hated that bloody thing. Cost about 70 times the value of the bike with all the things that went wrong with it and the gears fouling up on my way to work was the last straw and Mr bicycle got my full wrath.

It was like he was mocking me with his smug little cheap bicycle face... Argghhhghghhhhhh, getting angry about it again and this was 15years ago!

maltloaf

I threw my old steel simoncini across the bonnet of a bmw that had knocked me off. The driver was too scared to get out

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Professional cyclists get paid to have a public love affair with a particular brand of bike. The money goes in an entirely different direction for ordinary mortals like me. I can't afford to ponce about and have a hissy fit.
Besides, the bike's too heavy, and I'm too weedy.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
I once threw my old 17 tonne BSO into a bush then pulled it out so I could throw it on the floor, then I kicked it till it fell apart. I hated that bloody thing. Cost about 70 times the value of the bike with all the things that went wrong with it and the gears fouling up on my way to work was the last straw and Mr bicycle got my full wrath.

It was like he was mocking me with his smug little cheap bicycle face... Argghhhghghhhhhh, getting angry about it again and this was 15years ago!
i admit i once did purposely drop my bros sh*te BSO and have laid down may a BSO on it's side resting on the end of the bar rubber grip thingies :sad:
but really what wiggins and the other above pro's are riding is slightly different to a BSO!
I threw my old steel simoncini across the bonnet of a bmw that had knocked me off. The driver was too scared to get out
i don't blame you but on the other hand i don't blame the driver for being too scared to get out i think i would just sit there clutching the steering wheel with all doors locked calling a mental institution!
Cheers Ed
Cheers Ed

jarlrmai

Veteran
I heard that Wiggo parked that Dogma because it was a spare bike and didn't have the right chainrings? Is that right?

Edit.. reading the comments the Di2 died.

Top Bottom