Bike To Work Day (UK)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Of course, EVERY day is bike to work day for some, but today's the official day.

I joined in with the Manchester University/HEP group ride, with the best weather we've had for the day since I've been doing it. Also met SavageHoutkop(? - I think, a car went past when you introduced yourself).

How did your bike to work day go? Anyone ride to work for the first time today?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
As always on my trusty steed. Woke up late and got stuck on some awful traffic!
Saw exchanging places going on in hpc, went to see if the officer that heads it up was there (met him a few months back and we had a chat about exchanging places) but he was busy so decided it was best to get on to work. Luckily my boss hadn't notice me being late, untill I mentioned it :o)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oi....you forgot me :o), and Sh4rky was there - had breakfast with him.

Your Brompton looked a cracker. Liked how both Bromptons on our route had 'flipped' the rear end over to act as a stand, then as we set off, just 'flipped' back to bike mode.

Had a go on the Watt bike, 948 watts put me second after Sh4rky's mate who was built like a brick out house, he did something like 1400 watts....:smooch:

Got my 'bag for life' from Panone, puncture kit, levers, geobar and 'rubber gloves' :girl:. Turned down the hi-viz - "Don't do hi-viz' I said. Missed the EBC goodies (bottles etc.) as I went for food, and they had run out by the time I'd stopped filling my face.:tongue:

Hope you entered the EBC and Bike to Work competitions for bikes and stuff....

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
fossyant said:
Oi....you forgot me :o), and Sh4rky was there - had breakfast with him.

Should have said "met for the first time, that's what I meant!

Hope you entered the EBC and Bike to Work competitions for bikes and stuff....

Yup, that fixed/single bike on their stand looked rather nice...

Bike to Work day? Well, that had a big media push, didn't it? :biggrin:

The week before Bike Week.

Well done, whoever planned that.

I rode to work as usual, excpet I was on my road bike rather than my usual commute. if it had been my first attempt, the headwind might have put me off...

I'm always trying to get the staff here to ride their bikes, but I suspect they will claim they have no energy left after inflating all the Bike Week balloons we'll be putting up in the public areas.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
They usually make a big deal of it out here in Edinburgh Park. No mention of it at all this year - not even sure they actually did anything.

Mind you. I'm always in at least an hour before any of the activities start so always miss it anyway! My mate went last year, but swore never to go back as the 'breakfast' was severely lacking any real veggie option. :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Most of the days are next week - Manchesters is on Tuesday - we were early !

biking_fox

Guru
I was at the Manchester Uni gathering on my Thorn - but didn't come in on the led rides. I can't bring myself to get up 30min early in order to ride extra slowly.

Was nice to see so many bikes around. The cycle training people had a very swish looking electric bike the Gocycle.

Didn't see many/any extra people on the road though, even with the sunshine.

Jezston

Über Member
I didn't hear about this either. And I didn't ride in today! (getting a lift back tonight to carry some boxes for moving house)

Top Bottom